Over the years I have learned many things from many people, but I recently realised that I learned the most important life lessons from my children. I have 3 children aged, 12, 10 and 3 and I have learned many things from them, but I would like to highlight just 5 of the most important ideas that I have learned.
- Learning happens all the time, no matter where you are or what you doing, learning happens all the time. You just need to be open to it.
- Enjoy the now, as adults we spend way too much time focusing on what has happened in the past and what we want to do in the future that we forget to appreciate and enjoy the now.
- Your relationships with people are most the important. You discover that children need your time and attention most of all rather than anything else.
- Adaptability, children can find joy in almost all situations even in little ways. So instead of whining we should just find the good stuff and enjoy it.
- Fearlessness, we should embrace the unknown with curiosity and enthusiasm rather then fear and trepidation.
These traits seem to be so simple and natural for children, which makes me wonder how and when do we as adults lose this ability? I have found that as an adult, it is very difficult to live these traits at least for me, but I try everyday nonetheless. I also try to ensure that my children dont lose them either.
Cheers 4 now